Here’s how simple it is to make this chicken parmesan:
Season and marinate your chicken overnight if you have time, if not (which is often my case), cook it immediately.
For this particular recipe I used almond flour, but all purpose flour works perfectly fine as well. The bread crumbs are super important though, they add a nice crispy texture to the chicken.
Fry the chicken up in a butter/ olive oil mixture, set it aside and add the homemade marinara sauce to the same pan.
Add the chicken back into the pan with the marinara, top it with your shredded or sliced mozzarella, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and an Italian herb mixture of the top
Place in the oven for 5-10 mins to melt the cheese, and VOILA!
If you are really short on time, use store bough marinara instead of the homemade version, but I promise you it tastes amazing! Serve the chicken Parmesan with your favorite pasta, or make sandwiches. Your family will be in heaven with this meal!
QUICK & EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN
Chicken parmesan made of lightly breaded and pan fried chicken, with a homemade marinara sauce. Finally, it’s topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese to create the ultimate dish.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- 4 Chicken breast thin cut and seasoned (see below)
- 3 cups Homemade marinara see recipe below
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- Marinade for chicken
- 2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Light breading for chicken
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive o
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter and heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet.
- Lightly bread chicken in the flour mixture. Once oil & butter are sizzling, add lightly breaded chicken breast to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side, remove chicken and set aside.
- Add homemade marinara sauce to the same skillet, stir & heat thoroughly (may need to add a little water if sauce gets to thick)
- Add chicken back into marinara sauce ensuring each piece is covered with sauce. Top chicken with mozzarella cheese and dried oregano and parsley.
- Place skillet in the oven for 5-10 mins to melt cheese and marry the flavors.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or side dish.
HOMEMADE MARINARA SAUCE:
Perfect homemade marinara sauce can be frozen, or jarred to save for use at a later date. Hearty tomato based sauce, perfect for spaghettis, or any other type of pasta dish that you like. Super easy to make, and absolutely delicious. Cut the recipe in half, or double it depending on how much sauce you wish to make.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 10 min
- 2 8 oz. cans Tomato Paste no salt added is best
- 1 16 oz. can Tomato sauce no salt added is best
- 16 oz. Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups Water may need to add more once sauce thickens
- 1 Bell pepper diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter or margarine
- Seasoning (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoon Sugar granulated
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt olive oil and butter over medium in a stock pot. Add onion and bell pepper, saute until soft (about 10 minutes), stir constantly so they do not burn. Add garlic, saute for a minute.
- Add tomato paste and tomato sauce, mix thoroughly. Simmer for about a minute. Add chicken or vegetable broth, water, and seasonings. Mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer sauce for an hour or longer, be sure to stir it every so often so it does not burn. Add a little water if sauce starts to get to thick.
- Use right away for your favorite pasta dish, or cool and store in freezer bag or jar.
Origanlly Posted on freethymeliving.com Grilled Pork Chops with Jammy Rosé-Wine Herb Reduction Sauce and Grilled Zucchini Coins. Okay, now that I’ve got your attention with
Origanlly Posted on freethymeliving.com Grilled Pork Chops with Jammy Rosé-Wine Herb Reduction Sauce and Grilled Zucchini Coins. Okay, now that I’ve got your attention with that juicy pic, let’s dive in to what inspired this plate of deliciousness! I give you Smoked Pork Chops with a Jammy Rosé Wine-Herb Sauce. I attended a ladies group
Originally Posted on f-f-ammiskitchen.wixsite.com Chicken Karhai is a simple, quick masala-filled dish with tender chicken and flavor in every bite! This chicken karhai is very easy to make! The entire dish comes together in under an hour, and it’s sure to impress your guests and satisfy your cravings! Ingredients:– 1 small whole chicken– 1 large
Originally Posted mealplanningeasy.com Yummy Asian Meatballs with Hoisin Sauce! Yes please! So, the other day I was debating on what to cook with the hamburger meat I had set out. On my meal plan I had had meatloaf, but for some reason I actually wasn’t in the mood for meatloaf, neither was my son.. who
Originally Posted on razzledazzlelife.com This quick & easy Chicken Parmesan recipe cannot get any easier than this! I apologize in advance to all my Italian followers, because nothing about this chicken parmesan is authentic! The great thing about it though, it tastes absolutely amazing. Chicken parmesan is one of those dishes that we normally order when